Update: March 28, 2022
How to Use Library Spaces
Details about how to use library spaces, including entrance protocols, classrooms, and study spaces are below. The procedures may be different from previous semesters.
- Entrance to NYU Libraries is restricted to NYU cardholders with an appropriate face mask and a valid daily COVID-19 screener.
- No visitors will be granted access to library buildings at this time.
- Physical library collections are available for use.
- IFA and ISAW spaces are open to their students only.
- Jack Brause is open to all NYU students, faculty and staff.
- Courant is closed.
- Please see the library locations directory for details.
Classrooms in Bobst
- Bobst library will host University-scheduled classes. Please use the waiting, transition, and queueing spaces as indicated on wall and floor signage. Appropriate face masks are required at all times.
- Library study spaces, including stacks seating, are open with updated hours.
- Group study rooms at Bobst, Dibner, and Jack Brause Libraries reopen February 7.
- Dibner individual study rooms are reservable as of February 7. Bobst individual study rooms are unavailable until further notice.
- Face coverings are required in all study areas, even when alone.
- Eating is not allowed in study rooms.
- Please use the hand and surface sanitizer, as available.
Bobst Remote Learning Spaces
- There are several designated Remote Learning Spaces in the Libraries.
- Students with back-to-back virtual/physical classes have been notified by the University Registrar that they have a reservation in one of these spaces.
- Other users can use the spaces on a first-come, first-served basis, but must scan the associated QR code to verify that it is not reserved for a student with an adjacency.
It is not possible to make or have a reservation if you have not been notified by the Registrar.
- Remote Learning Spaces are managed by the University. Read the University guidelines for Remote Learning Spaces.
- NYU’s tech support page for the Scan & Reserve app.
Printing and Scanning
- Printing, scanning, and public computer use is available at Bobst Library.
- Limited printing and scanning is available at Dibner Library.
- Visit the NYU Print Service: Print Station locations to find additional places to print on campus.
- Limited equipment loan is available at Bobst.
Elevators and Stairs
- Elevators are available.
- Stairs are open.
- Masks are required in elevators and on stairs.
Restrooms and Facilities
- Restrooms are available.
- Library spaces are cleaned in-line with University and state requirements.
Eating & Drinking
- Bobst’s Snack Lounge on Lower Level 1 is a designated eating area. Vending machines and microwaves are available.
- NYU’s guidelines for Eating and Drinking on Campus apply.
- Eating is not permitted in any other areas of Bobst Library, or other library buildings.