Update: September 11, 2021
How to Use Library Spaces
Details about how to use library spaces, including entrance protocols, classrooms, and study spaces are below. The procedures for fall 2021 may be different from previous semesters.
- Entrance to NYU Libraries is restricted to NYU cardholders with an appropriate face covering and a valid daily COVID-19 screener.
- No visitors will be granted access to library buildings at this time.
- Physical library collections are available for use.
- IFA, ISAW, and Brause library spaces are open to their students only. Courant is closed.
- Please see the library locations directory for details.
Classrooms in Bobst
- Bobst library will host University-scheduled classes.
- Please use the waiting, transition, and queueing spaces as indicated on wall and floor signage.
- Face coverings are required at all times.
- Library study spaces are open, including stacks seating.
- Group study rooms and other reservable spaces and amenities will be available but with some limitations or reduced supply.
- Dibner individual study rooms are reservable. Bobst individual study rooms are unavailable until further notice.
- Face coverings are required in study rooms.
- Please use the hand and surface sanitizer, as available.
Bobst Remote Learning Spaces
- Bobst will have several designated Remote Learning Spaces for the fall semester.
These spaces are dedicated to individual learning where you can speak at a low volume to take online classes while on campus.
- Use of Scan & Reserve on the NYU Mobile app is required to locate and book Remote Learning Spaces.
- Available for advanced reservations or walk-in use.
Check in/out of spaces by scanning an on-site QR code.
- Remote Learning Spaces are managed by the University. Read the overview of guidelines and how to scan & reserve.
- Support for NYU’s Scan & Reserve app.
Printing and Scanning
- Printing, scanning, and public computer use is available at Bobst library.
- Limited printing and scanning is available at Dibner library.
- Visit the NYU Print Service: Print Station locations to find additional places to print on campus.
- Limited equipment loan is available at Bobst.
Elevators and Stairs
- Elevators are available.
- Stairs are open.
- Face coverings are required in elevators and on stairs.
Restrooms and Facilities
- Restrooms are available.
- Library spaces are cleaned in-line with University and state requirements.
- Bobst library’s lounge on lower level 1 is available.
- Vending machines are available.
- Please review NYU’s guidelines for Eating and Drinking on Campus.