This page has the most up-to-date information about using the libraries this year. Please check back regularly for updates.
Ask a Librarian is the primary communication channel for the Libraries. Use Ask a Librarian to ask questions about buildings, services, and collections, in addition to your questions about research and teaching.
Update: August 23, 2021
NYU Libraries has resumed full operations for the fall semester, with renewed access to spaces and materials, computing and seating, and in-person service points. Here’s what you can expect from us during the fall semester.
- Access to library buildings is limited to NYU students, faculty, and staff.
- The daily screener and a face covering is required to enter a library building. Read NYU’s guidance for returning to campus.
- Bobst and Dibner libraries are open.
- IFA, ISAW, and Brause library spaces are open to their students only.
- Courant is closed.
- No visitors will be granted access to library buildings at this time.
- For detailed building and service hours, please visit library locations directory for details.
Spaces and Services
- For detailed information about using library spaces and services, see NYU Returns: Library Spaces.
- Service points and help desks are open, and in-person assistance is available. Most services offer a remote option.
- Bobst service points open for fall: Avery Fisher Center, Bobst Library Computer Center (BLCC), Bobst Research Commons, Data Services, Circulation desk, Reference desk, Course Reserves, Digital Studio
- Some services require an appointment:
- Special Collections, microfilm, one-on-one research consultations, and instruction services
- Most study areas are open:
- Bobst group study rooms are available.
- Bobst individual study rooms are closed.
- Dibner group and individual study rooms are open.
- Brause study rooms are open.
- Printing, scanning, and computer access are available in some libraries.
- Event and exhibit spaces will open mid-semester.
- Bobst computer labs on Lower Level 1 are closed.
- Classrooms are open.
- Bobst’s Lounge is open and subject to NYU’s guidelines on Eating and Drinking on Campus.
- Bathrooms are open.
- For detailed information about collections access, please visit the NYU Returns: Library Collections Access page.
- In-person access to print collections is available for NYU students, faculty, and staff.
- Contactless locker delivery and small-scale scanning is available, as well as very limited delivery options.
- All digital collections remain available via our catalog.
- Accessibility Services support for collection access will continue.
Health and Safety
- NYU has created a dedicated compliance team to triage and address noncompliance issues. If you spot noncompliance, such as someone not wearing a face covering indoors, please email email@example.com.
- For more information about reporting compliance issues on campus, visit NYU’s Compliance with Health and Safety Rules page.
- Library spaces are cleaned in-line with University and state requirements.