NYU Tandon School of Engineering
Service Update: 11/1/22
Student affiliated visitors are not permitted entry into 5 MetroTech and Dibner Library.
The library workers of the Bern Dibner Library of Science and Technology seek to educate and support our NYU Brooklyn & Tandon community as they research within and transform their information ecosystems. We accomplish this by contributing our expertise to building collections, teaching information literacy, creating welcoming spaces, and facilitating knowledge creation.
We create welcoming and functional spaces for all of those who visit.
- Dibner provides reservable group study rooms for all NYU students interested in working collaboratively.
- We also provide reservable individual study rooms for those interested in independent study.
- Other than our reservable spaces, Dibner provides a variety of open seating available on a first come, first served basis near the stacks or in the atrium.
- If you are in need of a quick snack or study break, visit our Snack Lounge on the 4th floor.
- In partnership with the Moses Center for Student Accessibility, we provide an adaptive technology room.
- Our current visitor policy limits Dibner Library to only those in the NYU community. Student-sponsored visitors are not permitted to use the space.
- For any questions about space, please visit the service desk or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computing and Printing
- Our PC Lab contains 16 PCs with specialized engineering software and 2 Bloomberg terminals. Refer to the full list of software for more information.
- The Dibner Atrium contains black & white and color printers and scanners available.
Laptop and Equipment Loans
- Mac and PC Laptops as well as phone chargers, calculators, adapters, and cords are available for loan at the service desk.
- Poster printing is available to NYU academic departments.
- We build collections to serve all members of our academic community. Dibner’s main collection is located on the 4th floor with books supporting all of the academic disciplines at Tandon. Dibner’s leisure collection is located on the 3rd floor and contains fiction, graphic novels, manga, biographies, poetry, and more. Board games are also available at the service desk.
- Dibner Library purchases the required textbook for each course at Tandon. Each course reserve is available for 3 hours, 1 day, or 1 week, depending on the textbook.
- The Poly Archives contain records regarding the founding and history of the former Brooklyn Polytechnic Institute. The archive has information about faculty, administration, student organizations and institute publications.
- Dibner offers contactless pickup via our locker system of certain library materials.
- We teach information literacy and other adjacent academic skills. For a full list of upcoming workshops, refer to the workshop calendar.
- To request a workshop, use the In-Class Request Form.
- For more information you can also email email@example.com or contact a subject specialist directly.
- Our subject expert librarians are available for 1-on-1 or group reference consultations. Complete the reference help form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We host a number of fun and educational events throughout the year. Visit the workshop calendar for more information.