For those who need adaptive technologies, two individual rooms near the Bobst Library Computer Center (BLCC) service desk offer a variety of hardware and software.
Regular, on-going users should be registered with the University’s Moses Center for Students with Disabilities.
The rooms are located on Lower Level 1 (LL1) and are accessible via elevators 1 and 2 in the east elevator bank, on Floor 1 of Bobst Library.
Available software includes:
- Kurzweil 1000 - reads books and other print materials aloud
- CCTV - closed circuit enlargement of print materials
- JAWS - allows users to listen to the contents of the computer’s screen
- ZoomText - magnification and screen reading
- Dragon Naturally Speaking - allows users to dictate, rather than type
- Wheelchair accessible
- PC (1)
- Flatbed & book scanner (1)