Online Renewal with BobCat
Overview of Online Renewals
Books borrowed from New York University Bobst and Courant libraries, the New School University libraries (New School, Parsons and Mannes), and the New York School of Interior Design can be renewed online.
Books less than 50 days overdue may be renewed online. Any fines owed will be added to your record and may be paid the next time you visit the library.
Books from the Cooper Union library can be renewed remotely twice before they must be brought back to the library.
Patrons with 150 or more items charged out may have trouble using online renewal with Internet Explorer. If you have 150 or more items charged out, use another browser. A browser which we have tested with online renewal of over 150 items is the latest version of Netscape. Download Netscape free of charge at: http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/download.jsp.
Instructions for Online Renewals
Open the Patron Functions window. Note: if you do not see the Patron Functions window when you click on this link, minimize your browser window to see if the Patron Functions window has come up behind it.
Enter your University ID number and the first four letters of your last name.
Your University ID number is on your ID card. (You may need to enter this information in twice)
Click on the loan tab of your account. The books you've checked out will be displayed.
You will have the option of renewing all books or only selected books.
To renew only selected books, click the appropriate box to the left of each title and then click Renew Selected Items at the top of the list.
Print a copy of your renewed books or record the new due date for each book on the date due panel in the back of the book. Take note of any books that could not be renewed and return or renew these books at the lending library.
Guidelines for Online Renewals
- Renew your books several days before they are due, in case any of them cannot be renewed.
- Always check your library record after performing a remote renewal. Make sure that all of the books you tried to renew were properly renewed! You can check your record online via BobCat, or call or stop by Circulation.
- Always print a copy of your renewed books or record the new due date for each book on the date due panel in the back of the book.
- Books with the following statuses may not be renewed remotely
- Recalled books
- Books with Holds on them
- Leisure reading books
- Special Loans
- Interlibrary Loans
- Keep in mind that outstanding fines and overdue books may prevent you from renewing books online.
- If for any reason a book cannot be renewed remotely, please bring it back to the lending library on or before its due date.
- If remote renewal services are unavailable, try again later or bring the books to the owning library to renew them in person (this is one reason it s important to renew in advance of the due date).