Borrow, Renew, or Recall a Book
Please note: the information below applies to Bobst Library. For circulation guidelines at other NYU Libraries, contact the specific library.
Who can borrow books at Bobst Library?
- Students at NYU
- Students at Polytech
- Matriculated students at Consortium schools
- Faculty at NYU and the Consortium schools
- Full-time staff of NYU
- Sponsored Borrowers
- Family of full-time NYU employees
- NYU Visiting Scholars
- Friends of Bobst Library members with borrowing privileges
- More information about who may borrow
What do I need to check books out?
- NYU ID card with an embossed barcode
- Current student or faculty photo ID card from a Consortium School
- Current Friends of Bobst Library borrower card
- Current borrowing card issued at Bobst Circulation
- More information about checking books out
How long can I check out a book?
How many books can I check out?
How can I renew books?
How do I recall a book that's checked out or in offsite storage?
- When you find an item that is checked out or in offsite storage, use the "Recall/Request" button in BobCat to begin the recall process.
- Instructions for placing a recall and requesting offsite materials.
- More information about recalls