For users with special needs, two individual rooms near the Bobst Library Computer Center (BLCC) service desk offer a variety of adaptive computing hardware and software. Regular, on-going users should be registered with the University’s Moses Center for Students with Disabilities.
The rooms are located on Lower Level 1 (LL1) and are accessible via the elevators 1 and 2 in the east elevator bank, on the ground floor of Bobst Library.
Available software includes:
- Kurzweil 1000 - reads books and other print materials aloud
- CCTV - closed circuit enlargement of print materials
- JAWS - allows users to listen to the contents of the computer’s screen
- ZoomText - magnification and screen reading
- Dragon Naturally Speaking - allows users to dictate, rather than type
- Wheelchair Accessible
- PC (1)
- Scanners (flatbed & book scanner)