The Avery Fisher Center’s facilities includes 4 small and 2 large collaborative rooms, in addition to our state-of-the-art immersion room. These rooms, located on Floor 7 of Bobst Library, are equipped for a full range of media listening and viewing.
How do I reserve a listening and viewing space?
The collaborative rooms and the immersion room can be reserved online.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance. Otherwise, walk-ins are welcome based on availability.
- Rooms are available for 4 hours at a time.
- Rooms can be renewed for another 4 hours in-person, if the space is available.
Can I listen or view media without a reservation?
Yes. There are media carrels available on a first-come, first-served basis. For collaborative rooms, walk-ins are welcome based on availability.
Room Reservation Policy
- No food. No drinks. No exceptions.
- Fines will be charged if not vacated on time.
- Except for the Immersion Room, rooms can be requested no more than 7 days in advance.
- A reservation cannot be transferred to another person.
- After 3 no-shows, students will not be permitted to book rooms in the Avery Fisher Center. To avoid a no-show, please cancel your reservation at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start time via phone call, email, or in person at the Avery Fisher Center.
- The Avery Fisher Center reserves the right to refuse or cancel room reservations in the event of extenuating circumstances.