The Day Shelf
The Day Shelf, located at the south end of the Circulation desk, is where you may place books to check out later. Books may be left on the Day Shelf until closing on the following day. Please be sure to read and follow all Day Shelf instructions.
- Insert one flag (i.e. a color laminated strip of paper) from the box marked "TODAY'S COLOR" into one of the books you are leaving aside. If you are leaving more than one stack of books, use one flag for each stack of books.
- Retrieve your books before Circulation closes tomorrow (or, if the library is closed tomorrow, before closing on the next day the library is open).
- When you pick up your books, please return the flags in the box marked "RETURN USED FLAGS HERE".
Please Do Not
- Leave non-circulating items, such as journals, on the day shelf (they will be removed).
- Leave checked-out items on the day shelf.
- Leave personal books, or books from other libraries, on the day shelf.
- Write on the flags.
- Pile your books on top of or beneath other patron's books.
Changing of flags is not permitted! It is unfair to other users to keep books out of their proper place in the stacks without checking the books out. Books which stay on the Day Shelf, or anywhere else in the library, without being checked out, are for all practical purposes missing from the collection. Therefore, it is strictly forbidden to change the flags in books on the Day Shelf in order to keep the books on the shelf for more than one night. Thank you for your cooperation.