Computer and Laptop Services
- Print, Copy, Scan
- Connect from Off-Campus
- Where are Bobst Library's Computers?
- Computing Needs
- More on the Bobst Library Computer Center
- At the Digital Studio
- At the Data Service Studio on the 5th Floor
Connect from Off-Campus
- Learn how to set up your computer to access databases and other electronic resources from locations outside the library.
Where are Bobst Library's Computers?
- For All Computing Needs
- Lower Level 1 (Mac & PC)
- For Research Needs
- All floors have Internet-connected computers; most are located in the 1st Floor Reference Center and 5th Floor
- For Word, Excel & Powerpoint and Other Productivity Software
- Lower Levels 1 & 2, floors 4, 5 and 9 (Mac & PC)
- The Bobst Library Computer Center (BLCC) - Computer Labs, Lower Level 1.
- For Advanced Users
- Wireless Computing
- Available throughout Bobst Library via NYURoam. For more information about how to connect and use wireless services, visit http://www.nyu.edu/its/wireless, the website for NYU's Information Technology Services wireless access.
Can I bring my own laptop, or borrow one at the library?
If you have your own laptop, the Bobst Library and ITS provide Wired Access and Wireless Access to the internet.
Bobst Library and ITS also provide guest wireless network access to affiliated visitors and Friends of Bobst Library. To obtain the credential to access the Bobst Guest Wireless Network (BGWN), users must register their network device (laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.) on the Bobst Guest Wireless Registration page. BGWN credentials are reset every Monday morning and users will need to re-register their devices weekly to obtain updated credentials.
To borrow a Laptop
- You can check out a laptop (Mac or PC) or peripherals at the Bobst Library Computer Center (BLCC) on LL1 of Bobst.
- Laptops are wireless enabled. (NYU NET ID required)
- You may take laptops and peripherals anywhere in the library, but you may not take them out of the building.
- Laptops and peripherals are loaned out for 3 hours. You may renew one time for another 3 hours.
- If you return your laptop or peripherals late, fines accrue as follows:
- Laptops: $5.00 per 15 minutes (33¢ per minute) to a cap of $40.
- Peripherals: $5.00 per 15 minutes (33¢ per minute) to a cap of $20.
- MINIMUM FINE IS $5.00.
Can I print wirelessly from my laptop?
You can print wirelessly from your laptop. Click here for the software installer and instructions on how to setup your laptop.
I don't have a wireless laptop; where can I plug into the network?
Network jacks for laptops are located on the following floors. Be sure you have your laptop registered for wired access.
- LL1 & LL2 - Group Study Rooms
- 2nd Floor - North West Corner
- 6th Floor - West Atrium Wall
- 7th Floor - West Atrium Wall
- 8th Floor - South East Corner
- 9th Floor - West Atrium Wall
- 10th Floor - West Atrium Wall
Who Can Borrow Laptops?
NYU students and faculty with current NYU IDs may borrow a laptop from Bobst.
Features of Bobst Library Mac & PC Laptops
- A network connection/network "drop"
- AC/electrical power connection and battery connection
- Software: MS Office, Internet Browsers
- Wireless capability for use on all floors
Laptop Security Cables
Security cables for personal laptops are available from the Library Computer Center.
Computers for your research needs:
- This reference center contains multiple web-enabled PCs with access to BobCat and research databases and e-resources. Printing is available.
- You can find computers on every stacks floor in Bobst Library. Some terminals are only for BobCat, while others are web-enabled.
- The BLCC has a wide variety of adaptive computing equipment for users with special needs. See Services for Persons with Disabilities for more information.
At the Digital Studio
- The Digital Studio is NYU's gateway to digital services supporting scholarship and teaching.