Reference and Research Services at Bobst Library
What are Reference and Research Services?
Reference and Research Services encompass a broad range of resources including access to well-qualified staff and access to print and electronic resources in a range of subject areas.
The Reference and Research Services staff provide support in a number of ways:
- Facilitate efficient use of electronic databases and services.
- Find information on a topic
- Search library catalogs, indexes, databases and the Web
- Plan a research strategy
- Get instruction on the use of the Library and all its resources and facilities
- Locate facts and statistics
Where can I find Reference and Research Services?
Humanities & Social Sciences
Reference and Research Services for subjects in the humanities and social sciences are available as follows:
- For assistance via the virtual and physical reference desks, go to Ask-a-Librarian
- For research appointments with a subject librarian, go here
- Digital reference resources can be found here and searching BobCat
- Use research guides for subject specific research resources and strategies
- Print reference resources are located on the 1st floor, south side, of Bobst Library and can be searched through our online library catalog, BobCat
- For data research, go to the Data Service Studio
- For archival and rare books related research, go to the Fales Library & Special Collections, the Tamiment Library & Robert F. Wagner Labor Archives, or the New York University Archives
Government Documents, Fifth Floor (Research Commons)
Reference and Research Services for business & documents are based in the Research Commons located on the 5th floor of Bobst Library. The physical collection for both US and International documents are housed on the west side on the 6th floor and resources in these collections can be identified using the library catalog, Bobcat. The NYU Virtual Business Library was created to facilitate access to the many electronic business resources and services available.
Coles Science Center for Physical, Life, & Health Sciences, Fifth Floor (Research Commons)
Reference and Research Services for the physical, life, and health sciences are provided through the Coles Science Center, based in the Research Commons located on the 5th floor of Bobst Library. The resources in the science reference collection are housed on the 1st and 5th floors with additional resources available online. All of these resources can be identified using the library catalog, Bobcat. For more about Dr. Jerome S. Coles, click here.