BobCat System Status
Due to a planned power outage in Bobst Library, BobCat and NYU Libraries electronic resources and services will be UNAVAILABLE during part of Friday, May 14 and all of Saturday, May 15.
Service will be restored on Sunday, May 16.
Friday, May 14, 12 noon until Sunday, May 16. The following services will be UNAVAILABLE:
- course reserves
- my library account
- online renewal
- BobCat Standard
Friday May 14, 7pm until Sunday, May 16. The following services will be UNAVAILABLE:
- Articles via databases (the ARCH)
- the NYU Libraries website
- group study room reservation system
- interlibrary loan
- library resources via the NYUHome Research Channel
Options for Locating Library Materials:
Searching whether NYU owns a book? You can use WorldCat.
- Go to http://www.worldcat.organd do your search
- Click on a result and enter the NYU zip code, 10012, into the library location box.
- If NYU owns the item our records will display first. This will not provide the call number or status information, it only indicates ownership.
Finding call numbers? Once you have a specific work, you can check the Columbia catalog (or other research library) because our call numbers will be similar. For example:
- Search http://clio.cul.columbia.edu, then go to the specific floor in Bobst Library to see whether the book is on the shelf. Please note that Bobst Library closes at 7pm on Friday, May 14 and reopens on Monday, May 17 at 7am.
Finding journal articles and searching databases? This e-service is available until 7 p.m. on Friday, May 14 and resumes on Sunday, May 16
Finding e-journals and e-texts? This e-service is available until 7 p.m. on Friday, May 14 and resumes on Sunday, May 16
Title not in the NYU collection? Request it through the interlibrary loan service which is available until 7 p.m. on Friday, May 14 and resumes on Sunday, May 16
- The Interlibrary Loan request form is at: http://ill.library.nyu.edu/illiad/logon.html
Please let us know if you have further questions.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.