Friends of Bobst Library
NYU alumni, neighborhood residents, and members of the public can gain access to the Elmer Holmes Bobst Library with a 100% tax-deductible gift to Friends of Bobst Library.
Your donation will help the libraries expand collections, renovate reading rooms, add research workshops, and upgrade technology in order to provide every NYU student with the resources necessary for their academic success.
Access to Bobst Library is included at the following giving levels:
Memberships valid through
** If you are part of NYU's Class of 2014, click here for your special $45 membership.
The Elmer Holmes Bobst Library offers:
• Convenient hours – Bobst is open to Friends of Bobst members from 7am to 1am, seven days a week***
• Onsite access to thousands of electronic resources and databases
• Over 40,000 videos and 95,000 audio recordings available in the Avery Fisher Center for Music and Media
• A variety of working environments, from collaborative work stations to quiet study rooms
• Wireless internet access throughout the building
• 175 Mac and PC computer stations
• 10 floors of open stack shelving
• Convenient Greenwich Village location with inspiring views of Washington Square Park
In addition, all Friends of Bobst Library members will receive:
• Invitations to library events including exhibition openings, receptions, and author readings
• A subscription to the NYU Libraries newsletter, Progressions
***Bookworm and Scholar level members must first visit the Library Privileges desk in order to receive a day pass for entry. Hours for the Library Privileges desk, as well as Library holiday hours can be found here.
NYU Libraries Conduct Code can be found here.
Join today or renew your membership
For same day access:
Sign up in person at the Library Privileges desk, located immediately to your left upon entering Bobst Library. Please bring a government issued photo ID. Neighborhood residents are required to show proof of residency to receive the discounted rate. (Library Privileges desk hours)
Bobst Library is located at 70 Washington Square South, New York, NY 10012. (map)
Other ways to join:
Membership materials will be sent within two weeks.
• Online – Click here to make your gift on our secure giving webpage.
• Phone - Call the Friends of Bobst Library Coordinator, Michael Pittman, at (212) 998-2446.
• Mail – Send your check, made out to "New York University" to:
Friends of Bobst Library
c/o Michael Pittman
70 Washington Square South, Room 1116
New York, NY 10012
To give a Friends of Bobst Library membership as a gift:
Please call Friends of Bobst Library Coordinator, Michael Pittman, at (212) 998-2446.