BobCat will be unavailable on Thursday, January 21st, between 5pm-12am EST. This includes: BobCat PRIMO, BobCat Standard, course reserves, e-shelf, my library account, online renewal & recall, request from offsite, and QuickCheck (self-checkout).
Options for locating Library Materials and Services:
1. Searching whether NYU owns a specific book? You can use WorldCat.
Go to http://www.worldcat.org and do your search
Click on a result and enter the NYU zip code, 10012, into the Find Libraries location box.
If NYU owns the item our records will display first. This will not provide the call number or status information (e.g., whether book is on shelf), it only indicates ownership.
2. Finding call numbers?
Once you have a specific work, you can check the Columbia catalog (or another research library) because our call numbers will be similar. For example: Search the Columbia University catalog, CLIO, take the Columbia call number and check it on the Bobst Library call number chart, then go to the specific floor in Bobst Library to see whether the book is on the shelf.
3. Finding e-books? Use e-Book Collections.
Go to http://library.nyu.edu/ and click on the E-Books link.
4. Finding journal articles and searching databases? This e-service continues to be available.
5. Finding e-journals? This e-service continues to be available.
6. Title not in the NYU collection? Request it through the Interlibrary Loan service.
Use the request form at http://ill.library.nyu.edu/illiad/logon.html
7. Getting assistance. Visit Reference on the 1st floor of Bobst Library or contact Ask-A-Librarian by email, IM or text.